I like learning new things. I would like to think that everyone likes to learn something new – it keeps us fresh, helps us gain new skills, or maybe means we can now understand something or someone.
Today I thought that I would share the things that I have learned in the last two days or so:
- chocolate is poisonous to human beings – although the fatal dose is probably somewhere around 10kg (22 lbs).
- there are more cases than just ‘UPPER’ and ‘lower’ – the list so far appears to be
- upper – all text in CAPITAL LETTERS
- lower – all text in ordinary (non-capital) letters
- numerical – numbers only
- mixed – a mixture of upper/lower/numerical
- camel – a special case type used mainly by IT people where spaces are omitted and a single upper case letter signifies a new word, for example: InvoiceNumber
- the Chevrolet Cruze is entirely named after a cruise liner: wallowy steering, and acceleration which needs a lot of prior warning. I got one of these cars from Avis and when I tried to accelerate all that happened was the engine revved a lot and the car didn’t go much faster.
I’m not sure which of these will be most use to me in the future, but I did enjoy the gutter laugh when I suggested to the group of IT techies that they should incorporate the word ‘toe’ into data names. And if you have a snigger because you got the joke then your mind is as dirty as theirs … and mine!