Yesterday I saw this picture on facebook and it appealed to my sense of humour – especially as I have seen some rather large diners in American buffets. By large I mean twice my size and then some. But I also see these diners leaving food uneaten and then going back for more – often of the same thing they have just left to go cold.
So, this morning in the hotel restaurant, I had a look around to see if I could identify any stereotypes or strange behaviours. I don’t want to point the finger, but some nationalities are immediately identifiable (each item is from a different group), and other actions just struck me as a bit odd:
- everything very neat – knives and forks places together and parallel
- cutlery discarded almost randomly across the plate
- more food left on the plate than I actually ate!
- trying to open the alcohol fridge to have wine with breakfast
- taking the only bottle of ketchup from beside the food to their table
Wish I could have taken some pictures without being wholly obvious.
What other strange behaviours have you seen when peoplewatching at breakfast?